Markets: Bonds, Stocks, Commodities, Real Estate – A Summary of Relevant Posts
The chapter provides background for market valuations:
- Government Bond Yields By Country and Maturity
- The Government Bond Bubble Finally Bursting?
- What Drives Government Bond Yields?
- Performance of global stock markets compared
- Rising Profits as Reason for the Stock Market Rally
- Sell in May, Buy in October (outdated)
Oil and Commodities:
- A History of Oil Supply Side and the Oil Price
- Seasonal Factors on Oil
- Shale Oil and Oil Sands: Comparison of Market Price and Production Costs
- Futures Market and Brent / NYMEX Divergence
- U.S. Energy Independence versus the rise of Chinese household and industrial oil demand
- Oil Price Forecasts for 2020 to 2035 and Wrong IEA Estimates
- Natural Gas: Global Reserves, Producers and Alliances
- Swiss Housing Bubble: Thirteen Reasons Why It Will Continue for another Decade
- German Home Prices Quickly Narrowing Gap against France – 2014 Update
- European Wealth Reports: Why “Median” Italians are Far Richer than Germans
Market information are further tracked inside the posts archive.
We currently recommend two German-speaking books, please support our site via Amazon kick-backs:
Florian Müller: Überschuss Renditen durch Stock Picking
Taghizadegan, Valek und Stöferle: Österreichische Schule für Anleger: Austrian Investing zwischen Inflation und Deflation
We are currently looking for an curator of this category that updates the information. The focus here should be on value investing. There should some considerations as for global macro and stock picking based on expected economic performance of different countries.
Some exceptions from this long-term focus are certainly possible, like in seasonal movements or correlation between asset classes. Publicity for own books or publication is allowed.
See more for